Spring is here

Reaction score
:lol:Spring is really here, whilst taking dogs for the morning constitutional I heard my first cook-coo today, any else heard one this year yet? So never mind the wet drought spring is realy here:thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh that's great! We always used to hear them in early Spring, but not for the past few years. Not sure why. Instead though, we hear the coo-coo-ing of wood pigeons and collared doves, which I rather like.

This is one of my favourite times of year for birdsong. The dawn chorus is wonderful - blackbirds, robins, thrushes and a host of others. We feed the birds all year round, so in return we can enjoy the birdsong.

Sorry if that sounds smaltzy, but we're rather fond of our feathered friends here. :D

Reaction score
I like mine roasted with a touch of stuffing.......oops that chicken silly me.
historian

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We don't get them in Manchester city centre... but we do have geese on the canal. One pair have had 5 goslings recently, but last time I saw there was only one :(

8038d1336585055-spring-here-spring.jpg

Eagle-eyed readers might notice something else floating there...!!! :lol:

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 217

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I say Ms Becks there seems to be one of those surgical finger guards floating near that goose :lol:

As for cuckoos, not a lot of them around Greenwich. Only birdsong I ever hear are Seagulls (which I like) and pigeons (which I detest). There are also crows flying about which make a racket occasionally and I've seen a pair of Herons once. Other than that, if we discount the police and military helicopters - nothing.

So I could sing: Spring has sprung, The grass has rizz, I wonder where, The birdies is?

As for chicken Mr Historian, yoo wascal you ;)

Reaction score
nice pic there becks :)

spring arrived here ages ago OP
the daffodils been out for ages now we just need stable weather

Reaction score
Yes psd99 then we had the rain, we have had bluebells, cowslips, forget-me -nots etc in bloom here. As for our fethered friends we have a feeding station in the garden and we get plenty including coal tits, yellow hammers, bull finches, robins, and the usual suspects blue tits, sparrows and collard doves, blackbirds.:thumb::nod:but havent seen any thrushes though:(

Ask a Question