Specifying Font Color

A

alois dantius

hi, i was wondering if there is a way to specify a custom font color as a preference for outlook? i know that it is possible from the main menu when you are setting up a new message, but in order not to have to do that every time, i would like to specify it so that it is done automatically upon composing or replying to a message. but if i go to tools/options/mailformat/fonts , you can only choose from several standard colors. there is no option for a custom color. does anyone know if there is another way to do this? thank you!

A

alois dantius

thank you for your reply. it's outlook 2003. i already have it set to "edit" and "read" messages with ms word. so that isn't working if that is what you are referring to. could you be more specific as to where and how i would make the settings change? thank you again for your reply.

A

alois dantius

does anybody else have any other ideas on this? i just can't believe you can't specify a custom font color in formatting messages. it's so frustrating to have to do it every time I send a message. thank you.

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

once again - I can do it in my outlook so it is possible. What version or
outlook do you use and are you using word as your editor?

A

alois dantius

it's outlook 2003. and i believe ms word is already set as editor. at least it is in "tools/options/mailformat". if you can tell me where you're establishing this setting, maybe someplace else, i can check to see if i have it set there as well. thank you.

A

alois dantius

i hate to keep asking, but could someone please help me?! i have provided the same information that was asked in response to my initial post TWICE now. i won't keep posting, it just seems to be a very active and knowledgeable forum, so i'm hoping someone can help. thank you!

B

becklim

It seems like something else is going on. I'm using both 2003 and 2007 on
different computers. Yellow font is replacing dark on incoming, forwarded
and replies. All fonts are saved to my preferences. There is no check in
Mark My Messages.

Ask a Question