SP2 - Security Warning Pop up on Trusted Sites

MR-KEN

When I go to sites that are part of my Trusted sites list, I get a Security
Warning pop-up that reads:

"The current Web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list.
Do you want to allow this?"

This happens each time, which makes adding sites to your Trusted list a bit
useless. Any idea on how to disable this very annoying warning?

Thanks.

Cal Learner

In said:
When I go to sites that are part of my Trusted sites list, I get a Security
Warning pop-up that reads:

"The current Web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list.
Do you want to allow this?"

Me too.

I am curious what exploit this warning watches for.

(Those who don't use the trusted sites list probably trust
everybody, whether they know it or not.)

Jon

Try this setting

Tools > Internet Options > Security > (Click on Trusted Sites) > Custom
Level
Scroll down to "Web sites in less privileged web content can navigate into
this zone" (near the bottom just above "scripting" section
Set it to enable rather than prompt

Jon

Dick Lewis

Jon,

Thanks, that setting worked so far.

Dick

Jon said:
Try this setting

Tools > Internet Options > Security > (Click on Trusted Sites) >
Custom Level
Scroll down to "Web sites in less privileged web content can navigate
into this zone" (near the bottom just above "scripting" section
Set it to enable rather than prompt

Jon

Feng Mao

Hi,

Thank you for posting!

This should not be the normal behavior of Trusted Sites. You may have
installed some third party Anti-Spam software or Internet Security software
which increased the security alert.

Please remove such software temporarily to see if it is helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| Subject: SP2 - Security Warning Pop up on Trusted Sites
| From: "MR-KEN" <[email protected]>
| Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:06:23 GMT
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| When I go to sites that are part of my Trusted sites list, I get a
Security
| Warning pop-up that reads:
|
| "The current Web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites
list.
| Do you want to allow this?"
|
| This happens each time, which makes adding sites to your Trusted list a
bit
| useless. Any idea on how to disable this very annoying warning?
|
| Thanks.

Cal Learner

Thank you for posting!
Ditto.

This should not be the normal behavior of Trusted Sites. You may have
installed some third party Anti-Spam software or Internet Security software
which increased the security alert.

I am wondering what you mean by this?

Feng Mao

Hi,

Thank you for posting back, I am glad that it can help you to solve the
problem.

Feel free to post your questions to the newsgroup in future.

Have a good day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| Subject: Re: SP2 - Security Warning Pop up on Trusted Sites
| From: "MR-KEN" <[email protected]>
| Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:25:29 GMT
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Thanks, that did the trick!

The only thing I may have installed is Norton System Works ... would this be
causing the problem?

This has been killing me for quite some time. Thanks for the "fix" from all
who participated !!!!!