SP2 and control panel

D

Daj

Hi,
I upgraded to SP2 last night, now when I go to the control panel It freezes. I have to key in
Ctl>Alt>Delete and bring up Task Manager, which says Control Panel not responding. Then click end
process. Then I can bring up control panel and it works fine. Every time I boot I get the same thing.
Is there a fix for this? I don't seem to have any other problems, yet anyway. I will appreciate any
help you can give me.
Thank.
Daj

S

S.Sengupta

Suggestion:-
Scan your system with latest virus definitioned antivirus/adaware/spybot
search and destroy/cwshredder.
Run them in safe mode.
regards,
ssg MS-MVP

D

Daj

Tried that,no help
Daj

S.Sengupta said:
Suggestion:-
Scan your system with latest virus definitioned antivirus/adaware/spybot search and
destroy/cwshredder.
Run them in safe mode.
regards,
ssg MS-MVP

D

Daj

Hi
I have tried these suggestions, but most are problems similar, but I don't find any answers to any of
these questions. Just more questions. Tellys, I just don't see anything that comes close.
Daj

D

Daj

I did notice that they all had error messages with their problems. I don't get any error message when
this happens. One article mentioned using system file checker . I have a non OEM XP disk and can use
it to repair any bad sys. files, if that would help and not give me more problems. I have never used
sfc/scannow, so not quite sure just how to use it with the XP disk. Turn off auto play, goto run type
in sfc\scannow and press enter? If I do this I want to do it right.
Daj

Ask a Question