Sony Warranty

Reaction score
Hey,

Sony have told me that my warranty is not world wide which means i need to send my laptop back to UK to have the CD-Rom drive repaired. That sucks. Whats the point in having a laptop if you can't take it places!!

Does anyone have a Sony laptop? Ive had a look at their website and it looks like you have to register online to activate your warranty or something.

Cheers.

Bodhi.

Reaction score
Reimbursement option

Hey bodhi get back on the phone with Sony pronto. I bet that you can take the laptop to any LICENSED sony repair shop and get it fixed and have Sony reimburse you. They don't always like doing it but they will, I'm almost 100% its in your warrenty.

Reaction score
Cheers mate, i'll check it out. My mother is looking out my warranty at home to see what it says. Surely they cant expect you to send a laptop 12,000miles to have it repaired. That would cost more in bloody postage than it would to repair it!!

Reaction score
Exactly right. Just call, don't scream at them but be stern, and if neccesary ask for a superviser.

Ask a Question