Warranty return

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I know I could probably answer this question by calling PC World but thought it might be easier to ask in here rather than spending hours pressing 1, 2,3 etc and waiting in line for a customer services agent.

In May this year my other half bought me a PC and monitor from PC World. Over the last few days since installing the latest Nvidia drivers my monitor has started randomly showing a black screen. Now I am not sure if it is monitor related, graphics card related or driver related. Now as it might have to go back to PC World we can't find the receipt that the PC and monitor came with, but my other half has the e-mail with the order number etc still. So would that be enough for PC World to have a look under warranty ??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Probably. Could only say with more certainty on seeing the e-mail.

Have you tried reverting to the older drivers ? Checked the cable etc etc .? :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Are you by any chance using the Nvidia GeForce Experience software?

If so, this program sets up profiles for the games it finds on your machine for what it considers the best settings and then applies those settings without first asking for your approval. If Nvidia sets the game resolution to higher than your monitor can resolve you will get a black screen when you try to run the game.

This happened to me recently and had me going for a while til I figured it. The answer is to either go into the Nvidia software and use a custom setting for affected games and set the resolution to suit or uninstall Geforce Experience software.

You don't need this software, it's only advantage is letting you know when new Nvidia drivers are available.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Are you by any chance using the Nvidia GeForce Experience software?

That was the problem. Removed GeForce Experience and reinstalled a few Steam games and all is good now. The only annoying thing is I used to use Shadowplay to record my game play.

Ask a Question