Sony CRX320E Combo drive problem

Reaction score
my Sony Make Combo Drive Model no. CRX320E does not work properly as it is able to read DVD disk only. Cannot read CD also cannot read/write CDRW with any type of file.
it started happeining from the last burning activity when i added some files & folders to a CDRW disk already having some files there. I use Nero 6 burning SW. Burning process was going normal and finally successful burning message was also given at the end as normally given by Nero. But I found that that nothing was added actually.
Now if a CD or CDRW is inserted, i think it does not spin at all. first the indicator light initially glows constantly for a while, then on-off on-off 2 times then again on-off on-off off 2 times, after this everything calm & quite. I reinstalled the driver (inbuilt WinXP SP-1 driver), reinstalled NERO but status is the same.

Is there anybody who can help me in solving the problem, pl help me.

thanks & regards

bishwa

Reaction score
boot windows into safe mode and try and read a CD. and report back.

**I'm assuming that your using Win XP/2K**

Reaction score
Hi Techy,

ofcourse i am using Win Pro sp-1. but this this drive was working fine earlier. now only problem has developed. Still it reads DVD rom. but cannot play any CDROM, CDR or CDRW. laters donot spin even.

thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The "flashing" LED is used by most (if not all) drive manufacturers as an indicator to the state of the drive.

You will need to contact Sony for an interpretation ... but I think you need a new drive.

All to often I see people having problems with a Sony drive ... that could be because there are more than other makes, but I wont by a Sony drive. ;)

Ask a Question