Sony Camcorder

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very old sony handy cam model no:ccd-f375e. I have very valuable footage on the old tapes and i am wondering if i can transfer them to my computer and burn them on a dvd. The tapes are SR60.
Please help any information will be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What sort of outputs do you have on the camcorder? You can probably use a TV capture card (lots available and quite cheap now) to capture the camcorder video output and then save it to a video file. You could then use Windows Movie Maker or something similar to burn the video to a file.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I noticed some software/hardware in PC World the other day which consisted of a USB breakout box to interface with a video device and software for capturing/editing.

It was forty quid, if memory serves me correct and perfect for the required task.

A better buy is Hauppage's 'Dazzle' hardware interface which comes in three different flavours and prices and has Pinnacle's 'Studio' software with it.

Or, as Ian suggested, fit a cheap TV card that has video in, plug the sound into your sound device's line in socket then use Windows Movie Maker - completely free as part of XP; Vista & Win 7 - to capture and edit.

Minimum PC requirements are 1.6Ghz CPU and a Gig of Memory though more of each is preferable. And you'll need quite a lot of hard disk space to capture/render/store your video footage.

Ask a Question