Saving to Sony Camcorder

Using Windows Movie Maker 2 sucessfully download to collections original tape
but when the edited new movie which now includes still photos is saved back
to the sony camcorder the new tape version is slow and jumpy when played back
on camcorder.
Using Sony Digital Handy Cam and both computer and camcorder plugged into
mains i.e not on battery power.Computer uses Pentium 4.

What am I doing wrong

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Connected via firewire?

PC not being used for anything else when outputting back to camcorder?

Cari
Yes the connection was using a fire wire in both cases for downloading to
computer and saving back to computer. I was not running any other programmes
other than usual antivirus software.

Mike

Treeman

Mike said:
Cari
Yes the connection was using a fire wire in both cases for downloading
computer and saving back to computer. I was not running any other
programmes
other than usual antivirus software.

Mike

:
-

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Mike" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
Using Windows Movie Maker 2 sucessfully download to collections
original
tape
but when the edited new movie which now includes still photos is
saved
back
to the sony camcorder the new tape version is slow and jumpy when
played
back
on camcorder.
Using Sony Digital Handy Cam and both computer and camcorder plugged
into
mains i.e not on battery power.Computer uses Pentium 4.

What am I doing wrong
-

-

I use an external firewire h. drive to capture to. If you try to
capture to your hard drive that has the operating system on it, there
is too much activity going on with the operating system that will
interfere with the capture.
Treeman

Aaron

I would get a hard drive with the largest amount of space
you can afford. Make sure it is 7200 rpm and has an 8MB
buffer on it this helps when editing to film. Some older
drives have only a 2mb buffer and some higher cost new
ones have 16mb. Serial ATA is faster than IDE if your
computer supports it.