someone pls help

Reaction score
I have recently bought a compaq notebook V2620TS..
It keeps shutting down on its own.. wat couldbe the problem..

Is it overheating of the processor, because incidently the airvent was blocked during use...

Pls help....

Reaction score
Well you could maybe start by vaccuming the inside of your pc out, if you think its overheating.

Reaction score
but my problem is the sudden shutdowns... i m jus thinking overheating as a reason...
is there some other reason why that could happen... lemme know...

Reaction score
mumbaigeek said:
but my problem is the sudden shutdowns... i m jus thinking overheating as a reason...
is there some other reason why that could happen... lemme know...

Was it shutting down alot before you installed the new software?

Reaction score
no... its not about any new software...
its generally shutting down on its own... the timings are erratic... sometimes it takes 45 mins.. then 30.. comes doen 5 mins too after a lot of usage...
I did not install the OS .. it came with the laptop....

Reaction score
mumbaigeek said:
no... its not about any new software...
its generally shutting down on its own... the timings are erratic... sometimes it takes 45 mins.. then 30.. comes doen 5 mins too after a lot of usage...
I did not install the OS .. it came with the laptop....

Did you buy the Laptop second hand?

Can you give me some specifications of it please? :)

Reaction score
mumbaigeek said:
its a brand new laptop.. bought it a week back...
centrino 1.7
256 MB

Okay thank you.
i dont know what to suggest now, wait for some more members to help with your problem :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
mumbaigeek said:
its a brand new laptop.. bought it a week back...
centrino 1.7
256 MB
Take it back for a refund ... you is obviously faulty.

;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mucks is right, if it is only a week old it is covered in warranty. It is better you take it to the dealer rather than trying to fix it, in some cases you could void the warranty as well. Which make and model it is? Nowadays every manufactuerer makes a centrino notebook so tell us what brand and model no

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Mumbaigeek,

I am only a fellow notebook user, so hope no one will mind if I just add a thought, but have you checked the settings in your "Power Options?" (Click Start > Control Panel > Power Options) perhaps your Power Schemes have been set to close down after brief periods of use? Even when running on mains power, there are options to turn off the hard disks after only 3 mins, or to put the system into "standby" or "hibernation" after just 1 minute, so might just be worth a look. Good luck. :)

Ask a Question