monitor shows nothing.

Reaction score
had a big problem wid my computer recently. nothing shows up on the monitor. i was using it 1 day wen it went dark and blurry show thought id restart, ever since it hasnt worked.

ive tried everything in the book, i checked da screen on another pc AND IT WORKED, put a working video card in 2 my pc and connect 2 dat and it didnt work. tried using a different wire and it still did not work. then i went and bought a new motherboard and processor and guess wat it still doesnt work. now wat left is the ram that i havent changed so i borrowed a friends ram and tried that and it still doesnt work. so finally is it the PSU i need 2 change?

now the thing is all the fans power up and run fine, so how could it be the psu? also the old psu gives out 450w and is 12v so it is enuf 2 power the new e6300 processor ive gt in der.

wat shud i do????

ps iv also jus bin 2 pcworld and bought a new monitor which also works on another computer and not mine.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
As the PSU is the only bit you haven't changed, then perhaps borrow a working one from one of your friends and see :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Not really - you seem to have swopped all the other componants....

Reaction score
ok thnx 4 ur help addy, im gona giv that a try, but im jus saying has anybody else got n e otehr suggestions

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try Ady's suggestion as the PSU is the only thing you haven't changed. :)

Reaction score
yikes
you should have got onto these forums earlier to save yourself all that money.

it could be the psu
it could even be the CASE
somecases are known to cause problems
try your pc in a cardboard box :)
im serious

Reaction score
CHEERS IAN AND PSD. DO U GUYS NO IVE PROB GT MORE REPLIES IN THIS ONE THREAD THEN IVE GOT IN ALL THE FORUMS IVE POSTED THE PROBLEM IN? NO1 ELSE HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS.

im gna try the box trik and im gna invest in a new psu once i cannot use anotehr friends psu and try that. which im prob gna in about 30 mins then i can post wat happened. shud i still buy a psu even if my friends psu doesnt make the screen work?

and also could it be the hard drives by any chance coz i dnt wanna then realise that i shud gt a new hard drive 2 coz i havent changed that.

Reaction score
your welcome

now if your friends psu works on his or her machine
try it on your machine

if it still don't work on your machine
then u will know there is no point in buying one for your machine

another point what processor are u using?

I am a bit out of touch with motherboards but are u sure that u are plugging in all power sockets into the board?
Some processors require an additional 12v plug that must be plugged into the board to supply the cpu with power
if u dont plug this is there is a good chance that u will get no post

hope u get what i mean
its worth a shot :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
da6paki said:
and also could it be the hard drives by any chance coz i dnt wanna then realise that i shud gt a new hard drive 2 coz i havent changed that.
A faulty hard drive won't make any difference to your screen - the PC will still post and give Bios info on the screen prior to accessing the HD - and if the HD is faulty you will then get error messages on screen.

Often when a PSU or one of the power rails fails, it will still generate enough power for fans etc but not enough to power the more hungry componants - try your friends, but make sure that has the right power rating for your system, if its underpowered you may get the same result.

Its a good point psd made above - if you've purchased a new modern mobo, they often have a seperate CPU 12V power socket which you need to plug the appropriate PSU lead into - if your PSU is an old one, it may not have that lead :thumb:

It would really help if you posted exactly what your CPU/Motherboard/RAM/PSU/Graphics are
nod.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Genius#!!!!

do u guys no wat geniuses r? u prob dont coz u neva bothered 2 no because the last 2 people 2 reply on dis forum - that is exactly wat u r. honestly u both shud b working 4 microsoft or ibm or sum1.

THE EXTRA POWER WAS THE ANSWER! THERE WAS A LITTLE 4 PIN SOCKET ON THE MOTHERBOARD THAT I HADNT PLUGGED POWER 2, ONCE THAT BABY WAS IN THEN IT WORKED! if i WAS bill gates id hire u both strait away. thnx 2 every1 else though 4 replyin and tryin 2 help, but these 2 guys are too gud.

wat do u think happened 2 my old motherboard though? y do u think that stopped workin?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Glad your working again mate, and thanks for coming back and letting us know where the problem lay :thumb:

I would imagine that with your previous set-up if it was originally working fine, then stopped then you must have had the correct power leads connected otherwise it wouldn't have worked in the first place.

This is why you really need to give the full PC specs when reporting a problem, as it is difficult to pin down when we are having to guess all the time! ;)

I will decline working for MS/IBM etc thanks - I am more than happy in my present job :p

You are more than welcome to hang around the forums and join in wherever you want :nod:

Ask a Question