Some keys on iTouch keyboard not working properly after installing Windows XP

G

I have a corded iTouch keyboard (model Y-SE8) that worked fine when I was running Windows 98. Now that I have upgraded to Windows XP Home Edition a number of the keys no longer work properly. When I press them I do not get the proper symbol on the screen, I get various special French (I think) letters. The most troublesome one is that when I press the forward slash key (the key beside the right shift key for the symbol that is part of web addresses) I get the following synbol: é There are 4 or 5 other symbol keys along the right side of the main section of the keyboard that also do not work properly, when I press them I get characters such as : ^Ç for the right square bracket, à for the backwards slash, è for the single apostrophe, etc. All of the letter keys and number keys work properly

I downloaded and installed the updated drivers from Logitech when I upgraded the operating system. I have removed and reinstalled the driver a couple of times but that hasnèt helped

Any help in solving this annoying problem would be appreciated.

D

David Candy

French (in France as opposed to Luxembourg, Belgium, or Canada) forward slash key comes out as a exclamation mark. Anyway have a look at Start - Control Panel - Regional Settings - Languages - Advanced and see what keyboard you are using. In the US, Australia, and NZ you use the plain old US Keyboard.

Before WW2 us english speakers wouldn't play football with the french. They killed an average of one player per game. Seizing their opportunity with the fall of france the Rugby Union administrators (who were vichy) made Rugby League virtually illegal to play in France (and you still can't play it on school grounds). So I suppose it's fitting they are thought to be a team capable of winning the world cup in two weeks.

Semi Finals Sat/Sun this weekend
Aust vs NZ
and
England vs France

G

Davi

Thanks for the advice. My keyboard setting was indeed wrong

I am from Canada, and set up the language as "English-Canada" when I installed XP. However, the keyboard type setting defaulted for some reason, I guess, to "Canada - French" which resulted in the keyboard and the OS not communicating very well with each other

2 weeks of frustration, a 3 minute fix and 5 minutes of testing to make sure it works. My wife is happy. Thanks

P.S. We don't watch rugby here, we watch real (i.e. Canadian Football League) football when we watch a football-type game. Hockey is, of course, the true national sport. The Grey Cup game is this Sunday, Montreal vs. Edmonton, and it is almost always the highest-rated TV show in the country each year

Davi

----- David Candy wrote: ----

French (in France as opposed to Luxembourg, Belgium, or Canada) forward slash key comes out as a exclamation mark. Anyway have a look at Start - Control Panel - Regional Settings - Languages - Advanced and see what keyboard you are using. In the US, Australia, and NZ you use the plain old US Keyboard.

Before WW2 us english speakers wouldn't play football with the french. They killed an average of one player per game. Seizing their opportunity with the fall of france the Rugby Union administrators (who were vichy) made Rugby League virtually illegal to play in France (and you still can't play it on school grounds). So I suppose it's fitting they are thought to be a team capable of winning the world cup in two weeks

Semi Finals Sat/Sun this weeken
Aust vs N
an
England vs Franc

D

David Candy

The CFL site looks like American Football. Shame on both the frogs and poms that made up canada.

Of course Rugby Union is played in 2 of 6 states (and 1 territory) in Australia. Where it is played by private school kids - public schools play Rugby League. I believe it is only the national game in New Zealand. The other states and territory play Australian Football which is only played in those 4 states - they play internationals against Ireland (who have their own somewhat similar code) where 1/2 the match under one set of rules and 1/2 under the other.

We don't have much ice in Australia (only on southern moutains in winter) and I've not heard of any ice hockey here (though hockey is popular girls sport)

Both Canada and USA played well considering they are amatuer teams. Actually the best games to watch were those two and Japan. Countries like Australia and the other magor nations were winning matches 140 - 3 againts the minows (scoring is almost identical to grid iron - eg 12 touchdowns, 5 field goals, several penalties to 1 penalty) so it was mind numbingly boring to watch, and in fact I didn't watch those games.

Teddy Kennedy is the most famous North American rugby player (though not for rugby).

Rugby is for prepies in Australia.

Ask a Question