Slow speeds with SATA drive

Reaction score
Hi!

Im having a realy annoying problem with my maxtor diamondmax10 250gb SATA150 hd.
I've tested my drive with multiple benchmarks and im getting realy slow speeds. Only speeds what looks normal is acces time. Theres picture from my benchmark as attachment.

Im havin asus k8n-e deluxe motherboard,1024mb 400mhz ddr ram,2 hard disks Old 40gb ide drive and that maxtor, CPU amd 64 3400+. (My computer was piled up in a proper computerstore but I did the software stuffs by my self).

What could make my disk this slow? It is currently connected to RAID because that guy who piled up my computer said that it should be there even when you arent making any raid sets. Ive asked him that should this hd be connected to SATA1 instead of RAID1 but he told me that its working as a native SATA in this RAID1 connection and i shouldnt change stuffs. Ive suspected that this raid stuff could be the problem but because this pro told me that it the hard disc should be connected there ive been too afraid to change anything :). Please help! I cant get sleep when im just thinking that my computer could be better just by tuning settings ARGH!

(My grammar may not be perfect :D)

Attachments

• benchmark.JPG
    benchmark.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 114
Reaction score
Ahhh! Problem solved! RAid drivers werent installed properly. Stupid asus setup installed automaticly drivers to my old disk because its c: drive but my operating system is on f: drive. Now im gettin normal speeds. I just had to copy those driver stuffs to my f: drive and then windows found those.

Ask a Question