Time for a new PC

Reaction score
I think the time has come for me to get a new pc as my processor is starting to get a bit old now (XP2200)

Im looking into get probably the 3ghz P4 HT processor as im not realy a gamer and amd are more the gamers chip, having just seen the article about the radeon X1800 i think i will get one of these (512mb) depending on the price and DDR2 ram

The problem is the motherboard, im not sure what to get, im look at spending around £100 on the motherboard, the less the better but i want pci-e for the graphics cards and then as many normal pci slots as possible for sound card and other various cards (the more of these slots the better as ive not yet seen any other pcie card),and finaly i would like RAID ports as i have 4 IDE harddrives plus 2 optical drives, im currently using a ide pci adapter card but the pcie motherboards ive found dont seem to have many pci slots which might cause me problems in the future, i also have 1 sata drive and i am thinking about geting a couple more drives in the not too distant future as i seem to be using quite a bit of space, the motherboard i have seen so far is theMSI 925XE Neo Platinum i925X PCI-E

realy what i am looking for is a motherboard with RAID, DDR2, SATA and as many pci slots as possible (away from the graphics pcie slot as the graphics card will need space)

Also does anyway recomend any ati manufacturers, i tend to buy the saphire brand, i tried a powercolour once but it didnt turn out as good as i was expecting

Reaction score
.......okayyyyyyy.......cool.......ahahha.................getta good wun.....

love, Cereal :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I have two MSI mothers.
One of them Ive had problems with clocking the DDR ram, but that might have changed since.
The other MSI no problems.

Ya might try Gigabyte mother boards.

I think they have good quailty for price with whatever features your looking for.
Raid, lots of PCI slots, what ever chip ya like, and dual processor mothers.
I have a Gigabyte mother and it seem to preform better than MSI.

Everyone here has favorites.

Ask a Question