Slow print to USB printer if I'm not administrator

G

Hi everybody.

I have an odd issue with printing from Terminal Services.

When a client prints to his USB printer, it takes about a minute for the print to come out of the printer, at the clients location.

If I make the client member of the Administrators group, the print comes out within seconds...

Howcome the Administrators group can print much faster to USB printers than ordinary users???

When an ordinary user prints through Terminal Services to his LPT port printer, the print comes out within seconds, so it is only a problem when using USB printer.

All our users who uses USB printers experience this problem, untill they become members of the Administrators group.

Can this be fixed? (Making all my users member of the Administrators group IS NOT an option).

I have searched all over the Internet for a solution, but I can't find any...

Our setup:
Windows Server 2003 Std. with Terminal Services activated.
The server is a Domain Controller.

The application we print out from is Microsoft Small Business Solutions C5.

Looking forward to hear from you all...

Kindly Regards

Thomas Holme Larsen

G

I'm sorry, but I have to say that this is not the right solution.

I have thought of it myself, and included domain users AS WELL AS EVERYONE Full Control over %SystemRoot%\System32\spool.

This didn't help... Printing is slow (one minute or so) if you're not a member of the administrators group.

Looking forward to hear from anybody, about a usefull solution to our problem.

Kindly Regards

Thomas Holme Larsen

Ask a Question