Slow Network Application Loads

G

I am running W2K3 TS, everything seems to run just fine until I try to run applications across the network. I can use MS Office, Paint, etc... any local programs without a problem. I first thought this was maybe a Home Dir. issue, when I removed the Home Dir. applications and file access ran just fine, but when I added them back the same thing came back. My network applications (Lotus Notes R5, Client Access V5R2, JDE, etc...) all took a long time 3-5mins to load. Once up they seem to run just fine. I have also noticed that if I try to install software from the network it takes probably 10x longer then it should. I have rebuilt this server with W2K TS and everything is fine, I rebuilt again with W2K3 TS but before enabling TS Application mode I tried a test install of Client Access & Lotus, everything was fine. But after I enable and re-install Client Access & Lotus, everything slows back down. I have installed the latest drivers, bios, firmware, and application service packs onto the system. Just not sure where to go at this point, it seems to be limited to 2003 Server, anyone have suggestions

Thanks

S

Stefan

- Make sure your nic on the TS server is hardcoded on 100mb full duplex (if
supported by switch)
- Make sure file and printsharing is set on "maximise throughput for network
applications".
- Make the following key is set on your server:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"TcpMaxDataRetransmissions"=dword:0000000a

After this is all set, give it another try.

Stefan
http://www.printingsupport.com

G

Made the changes, rebooted but still no luck. Any other ideas, at this point I'm willing to try anything.

G

No, I finding now that even file copies to the File Server are slow, which all of this started after Client Access install, even if I try to do this from the console I'm running into the same problems. I have 2 servers, both doing the same thing, but if I uninstall TS App Mode everything starts working fine again.

G

My problem is with terminal server and I experience it on the server as well as the clients. Any ideas ??

Ask a Question