Slow mouse speed

G

Hi,

Anyone know how to boost up mouse speed for Intellipoint
optical mouse in WinXpHome? I use AutoCad daily and the maximum speed for
mouse movement just is too slow. I like the
Intellipoint mouse for it's superb ergonomics but get really
frustrated for the slowness. Someone gave me the hint to
change parameters in registry but that did not work.

Thank You,
/Martti

P.S.
In Win2000 the speed was OK

T

t.cruise

Usually: Start button/Settings/Control Panel/Mouse/Pointer Options tab/Use the slider for
Motion, and slide it towards the FASTER setting. I don't have that specific mouse, so the
tab that the speed setting is on might be labeled differently. But, it should be located
somewhere in the Control Panel/Mouse/Mouse Properties window. I just got a new Cordless
Logitech Laser Mouse. I had thought that optical mice were good, but the new Laser Mouse
leaves them in the dust. It's fast, and much, much, more precise with 20x the tracking
power of an optical mouse. Plus, it doesn't use batteries. It has a charge stand like a
cordless phone. One charge lasts about 20 days, and there is a warning pop up when the
power is low, giving you a chance to either finish off the day and put the mouse on its
charge stand overnight for a full charge (only really needs a couple of hours though), or
for just 10 minutes to get enough power for one whole day. Now working with any other
mouse than the Laser Mouse seems like using an old, imprecise, slow, ball and roller
mouse. BTW, the ergonomics are very good, and the price is VERY reasonable. Check it out
at:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=9043

But, there's a possibility that you are not being clear in your description of the
problem, and that the mouse isn't slow, but is lagging because you don't have enough RAM?

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

S

Sharon F

I had thought that optical mice were good, but the new Laser Mouse
leaves them in the dust.

Sorry to stick my nose in here but is the Logitech software required to run
this mouse or does it do okay on basic drivers? Wondering because some of
these (any brand) can be nasty to use without their software.

T

t.cruise

If it will function without Logitech Software, but if you want to program the buttons to
do anything other than the defaults, or want the low battery message (you can tell when
the battery needs a charge without the Logitech software warning because there are 3 green
lights long the left side of the mouse. When it gets down to one green light you'll know
it's time to put the mouse on its charging stand). So, to answer your question, NO you
don't have to install the Logitech software. I have Installed it, and haven't have any
problems with Windows XP or applications. The Logitech Cordless Laser Mouse will function
without installing any Logitech software though.

T.C.

S

Sharon F

If it will function without Logitech Software, but if you want to program the buttons to
do anything other than the defaults, or want the low battery message (you can tell when
the battery needs a charge without the Logitech software warning because there are 3 green
lights long the left side of the mouse. When it gets down to one green light you'll know
it's time to put the mouse on its charging stand). So, to answer your question, NO you
don't have to install the Logitech software. I have Installed it, and haven't have any
problems with Windows XP or applications. The Logitech Cordless Laser Mouse will function
without installing any Logitech software though.

T.C.

Thanks, TC. Also appreciate that you included the fact that you aren't
having problems with the software.

I switched from a long history of Logitech pointing devices to the MS
Explorer trackball a while back due to Mouseware not running quite right
when XP was just released. Running without Mouseware (or iTouch depending
on which device I was using) usually resulted in erratic pointer movement.

However, I always liked and enjoyed using my Logitechs. It may be time to
switch back or at least give this new one a whirl.

Ask a Question