SLOW IE, IT WAS NAV2004

booster

dunno but norton antivirus 2004 is majorly buggy. Over the last week I've
seen IE slow to a crawl when i visited any webpage (usually pegging the cpu
while it was loading the page). I stumbled unto something about nav and
certificates and decided to disable "auto protect" and guess what, IE runs
fast now. That pos antivirus program I'll install it soon as I find a
replacement

Michael Taylor

I had a similar problem which Symantec aknowledged. The solution was to go
into Norton AV 2004 and configure the auto protect option. Select Exclusions
under Auo-protect, click 'New' and add '*.js' (but without the quotes).
After that web pages loaded normally and the high CPU usage went away.
Personally I wouldn't discard NAV 2004 just for that one problem. In all
other respects, for me, it's done a good job.
Hope that helps
Mike

DVarnau said:
booster,
This was actually a VeriSign problem. Not a NAV problem. Symantec did a good
job of explaining at
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004010810205113

There might be other reasons to dump NAV. But I wouldn't dump it over this
issue.

Regards,
Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org