slipstreaming xp

Jake

I rently bought a copy of xp pro sp1. A full retail copy. I am wanting to
slipstream it with sp 2 and make a new installation cd. What I want to know
is will my licence key work and be valid on the new copy I will burn to cd,
and install on my pc.

Thank you,

Jake

Alias

Jake said:
I rently bought a copy of xp pro sp1. A full retail copy. I am wanting to
slipstream it with sp 2 and make a new installation cd. What I want to know
is will my licence key work and be valid on the new copy I will burn to cd,
and install on my pc.

Thank you,

Jake

Yes.

Alias

TaurArian [MVP]

Malke

Jake said:
I rently bought a copy of xp pro sp1. A full retail copy. I am
wanting to
slipstream it with sp 2 and make a new installation cd. What I want
to know is will my licence key work and be valid on the new copy I
will burn to cd, and install on my pc.
Yes, you can slipstream and that has nothing to do with your license.
Here are links to help with slipstreaming:

http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49
http://www.windows-help.net/windowsxp/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html
http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/slipstream.htm

Malke

Alias

Jake said:
I just got a bit paranoid with the thought of having a copy of xp on a burnt
cd. lol

That's exactly what MS wants you to feel, paranoid enough to go out and
buy a copy of XP SP2. You can make as many backups, slipstreams as you like.

Alias

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Jake,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

I would like to thanks for all kindly valuable information. I hope all
information can help you.

Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
<http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp>

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support