Skyrim anyone?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ZB posted this over at the other place so I will repeat here, latest news from the official Skyrim site:

Creation Kit — Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download for free the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…

Steam Workshop – We’re excited to share news that we’ve been working closely with Valve to integrate Steam Workshop into the Creation Kit. Using the Workshop, you’ll have free user content with the push of a button. The Creation Kit will bundle your mod and upload it to the Workshop, where everyone can browse, rate, and flag mods for download. You’ll be able to do this from any web device, including your smartphone. Like a live Netflix queue, when you fire up Skyrim, mods you flagged will be automatically downloaded and installed. Everyone here is really excited about the opportunities and possibilities this opens up for our entire community.

Prefer to use existing modding sites? Not a problem. You’ll still be able to upload/share/access Skyrim mods on fan-created mod sites.

Link: Skyrim News

You see that? Best selling, full price game encouraging mods and effectively offering 'free DLC'. Activision and Electronic Arts take note, you greedy gits, you don't see that with Call Of Duty or Battlefield do you?

Refreshing :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Killed the last boss last night :(. It doesnt end the game but I have sorta lost the will to play it now, maybe i'll give it a go later on. I should of put it on a harder setting because by the time I got to level 30+ I just walked through the game killing everything and anything without a problem, even the last boss i just stood there hacking and slashing without having to heal. I suppose the dragon armor helped out a hell of a lot, along with a daedric sword. I wouldn't mind going through it again as a strict mage, i think it would be alot harder and add something to the game for me. I think I preferred oblivion, it was closing all the eye's/oblivion gates which made that fun and it was the 1st game that i played in that kind of adventure FPS RPG style.

Reaction score
Hi folks.....stuck in the thalmors embassy with no weapons.......i think the game has a few bugs.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi folks.....stuck in the thalmors embassy with no weapons.......i think the game has a few bugs.

The game is full of bugs. In the PC version if you can't find a way round the bug you can bring down the console and enter codes to bypass some scenarios but I'm not sure what you'd do in the Xbox version.

I got stuck for a while at the Thalmor Embassy, took me a while to figure out what to do but you have to create a distraction then scarper through a back door.

Here we go:

Ambassador Elenwen greets you upon entering the Thalmor Embassy. After speaking with her, you'll need to create an opening to slip out of the party; tell Malborn when you are ready, and he'll wait by the door behind the bar for your move:

■If you talk to Razelan on the bench nearest to Malborn, he'll ask for a drink. Malborn can conveniently provide you with a Colovian Brandy to give to Razelan, who then offers to do you a favor in return. Tell him to cause a scene, and he will make a grandiose announcement, giving you your distraction.
■Alternatively, if you are acquainted with Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone and have previously assisted her, you may ask her to cause a distraction, as "an old woman can get away with anything". She will then begin harassing Razelan and making a scene, providing you the necessary cover.
■Another option is to overhear Erikur trying to flirt with the Wood Elf servant Brelas, unsuccessfully. Speaking with Erikur afterward will make him mention his weakness for Bosmer women, and you can therefore offer to speak with her on his behalf. Speaking to Brelas reveals her dislike for guests like Erikur and asks you to persuade him to leave her alone. Speak to Erikur once again, and any speech option chosen will cause Erikur to lose his temper and causes a scene.
■In addition, if you are on good terms with Ondolemar, you may ask him to make a distraction (after a persausion check).
Once you have your opening, run to the door behind the bar and follow Malborn. Proceed through the kitchen to a pantry, retreive your smuggled equipment from a chest and go through a door into the next hallway. If you did not give him any of your belongings, the rest of this quest will be quite difficult. Remember that you still have your magic, including shouts, and Beast Form (if you have it) will be indispensable if you have no armor and weapons. Malborn will lock the door behind you, completing this phase of the mission.

That text taken from this Wiki Link. Entering a keyword can sometimes help, I recently had to find a place named Liar's Retreat, it wasn't marked on the map but the Wiki gave me a rough location and I found it so I spent part of Christmas Eve harvesting the blood of five different races.

Reaction score
I can't believe my friend Lydia in skyrim died on me in one of the battles i found myself in. I was really starting to like her......she never said much.lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lydia dies easily. Of course, in PC game version you can just go back to an earlier savegame and resurect her :D How are the saves on Xbox? In PC you can save wherever you like and as many times as you like, which is good. And there's also a console code where you bring her back to life.

For myself, the soppy tart wandered off somewhere so I've just not bothered retrieving her, lol

Me now up to level 21 and 56 hours played, almost two thirds through main quest.

Reaction score
I'm 43 hours in and only on level 10 so far.....poor Lydia. The xbox lets you save anywhere but as for codes i haven't heard anything just yet. I have just found the journal that tells us about the icerunner.
Oo-er as they used to say.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
48 hours in and level 50. I dont know what you boys are playing at with ya levels :p . I do mix and match me skills though, use one handed, then two handed, then destruction magic, always use restoration magic to heal. Trying to get a full daedric setup, need boots and a sheild and im done but cant find any more daedra hearts :(

Reaction score
Just made it to the psijic order ghosty.....just to give an idea whereabouts i am. I'm a level 12 now.

Reaction score
I made it to the three bosses but can't beat them. I'm level 14. Have to get better weapons somehow.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Heres my full heavy dragon armor:
2011-11-18_00001.jpg

And now, i'm very proud to have full daedric, much more evil looking and alot more armor rating (around 760 armor with sheild :blush: )
2012-01-02_00001.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That Daedric armour is wicked :D

Haven't played any for about 4 or 5 days, have been quite busy but soon time to chill and play some more.

Last thing I done was give Alduin the big nasty dragon a pasting, he flew away a bit cheesed off.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
The daedric armor is the shiznit, its a little bit more heavy than the dragon, but around 100 points more armor points. I've enchanted it all aswell, the best enchantments being the 1 armed combat hit points +. My dadric sword is around 140 hit points now, most enemys die with 1 or 2 strikes, dragons are a mere 20 second bout :p

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Had a kool fight with 2 of the hardest dragons (elder and ancient) on the game at the same time earlier :blush:, i recorded it and uploaded 1 half, the other half will follow:

Heres the second part:

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming...mpaign=Feed:+bit-tech/all+(bit-tech.net+feed)

The official Creation Kit promises to boost the modding scene into overdrive, however. Based around the same toolkits used by Bethesda itself, the Creation Kit has been developed with Valve to feature heavy Steam integration to make it possible to share mods directly within the company's digital distribution platform.

Fan speculation as to the nature of the surprise is rife, but one thing seems clear: it's unlikely to be as surprising as seeing the dragons transformed into My Little Ponies.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Now that sounds interesting. Good call from Bethesda, other outfits like Activision and EA would have made a modding kit DLC and charged you for it.

I haven't played Skyrim for a few weeks now, have been playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine which I got for £10.19 from Steam, it's surprisingly good though not entirely original and tres tres corny, Harry Potter Lego years 5-11, luvvit, and picked up Codemasters' Formula One 2010 for a fiver from a GAME store and that also is surprisingly good. Oh, and the Duke Nukem Forever add-on 'The Doctor Who Cloned Me' which cost £1.57 from Steam. DNF Add-on (I am loathe to use the expression 'DLC') is good, more of the same but I'm currently just over half way through and having trouble getting through the laser barriers on the level 'Magic carpet Ride'. But I'll get there.

Warhammer Space Marine is still available for £10.19 from Steam as I post but I think the offer ends sometime today. If you like fps's with lots of gore and a thin storyline, can handle main characters who talk crap and act like Roman Generals battling hordes of little green creatures who speak like cockney wideboys then this game is for you.

Reaction score
There was a patch release for Skyrim today. Well, for the xbox 360 anyway. It seems to be improved and the glitch that stopped you from continuing from last gamesave appears to be fixed. So far i have played a staggering 239 hours. I just can't put it down and i'm at level 37 now. I just accept all th equests and finish themone by one. I like the look of the Warhammer space marine game. I might get that one next.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BUMP! :D

Hey VR, when ya gonna get around to getting Skyrim? :)
I now have it. :)

So is anyone still playing this? Anyone modded the game?

I've installed SKSE and Nexus Mod Manager, Along with a load of mods from the nexus site...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/topalltime/?adult=2

Sky UI, 2K Textures, face and eye skins etc. Looks gorgeous now!

Will be working though it for the next god knows how long! :)

Ask a Question