Skyrim anyone?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Blimey Reef, that is some serious time you've put in there :eek:

I'm up to level 8 now, have killed the Ice Troll, met the Greybeards and have run away from one dragon after it killed me :lol:

Reaction score
I'm playing SKYRIM on the pc and finding that my character's movements are very choppy. Is there a way I can fix this? Thanks

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
You need to see what frame rate the games playing at, anything below 30 fps (frames per second) will seem juddery, anything below 20fps will be virtually unplayable. If it is below 30fps then turn some of the graphic/detail settings down, or even lower the gameplay resolution.

To monitor your frames per second download and install an application called FRAPS:

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Make sure all the drivers for your graphics card are all up to dates aswell.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Let's assume your computer takes a pci-e video card, in which case an Nvidia 560 is a good option atm giving possibly the best performance for the money. Can be had for around £130 - £160 depending on version.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks. Ok I did this and the result of the scan suggested I upgrade my video card but it recommended an entire page of video cards ranging in price from 14.99 to 599.00.

Which one should I get?

The card flops advised is a good one.

Tell us what your cpu ,motherboard and psu are as this will help us to offer the right sort of advice. :)

Reaction score
Just played a six hour stretch :eek:

Where did that time go?

I just spent the whole afternoon running around barefoot in the snow, finally met up with the greybeards, gave um a shoutout, and barely survived slaying a troll that refused to die, well actually, I suffered many deaths of my own to do it :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thanks. Ok I did this and the result of the scan suggested I upgrade my video card but it recommended an entire page of video cards ranging in price from 14.99 to 599.00.

Which one should I get?
Go get, and run, Speccy it will tell you what is in your system ... post here what it says, we can then advise you more precisely.

You can find more recommended programs at ...

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/essential-pc-software-updated-29th-august-2011-a-t2697599.html

... no need to install everyone of them. :)

:user:

Reaction score
I really want to buy this for PC, but I don't know if my computer can handle it.

Just how intensive is it?

Would it play like Crysis did on my computer (i.e. at about 20fps)? Would it look any good? Or should I just buy the Xbox version? Will the xBox graphics be superior to the ones I will be able to get on my pc?

I've heard terrible things about the UI too, as it is apparently a console port. Can anyone tell me if it affects the game?

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Minimum:

Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
Memory: 2GB System RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6GB free HDD Space
Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB System RAM
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher)

The game developers have stated that the Xbox was going to be their preferred platform but all of the reviews I've read say the PC version has far superior graphics than the Xbox with the PS3 coming in 3rd. And apparently there are a few issues with the PS3 version.

The specs aren't demanding like Crysis, just wind it down to something like 1260 x 1080 and deselect anti-aliasing if you get any probs. Edit: Potguy, have just noticed your spec. If that's a single core CPU you have then I think you may experience problems, I figure you will need at least a dual core CPU. I could be wrong but I wouldn't risk it so maybe the Xbox version would be a better choice for you.

And to me it doesn't display any obvious signs of being a console port apart from the fact if you have an Xbox controller plugged in it will default to that for gameplay, you have to disconnect Xbox controller if you want to use mouse & keyboard, which is better, imo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anybody bought a house yet? I just did, 5000 gold and I now own a house in Whiterun plus it took about another 1200 to furnish it and add my own alchemy lab. Plus it's got a cooking pot.

Biggest advantage is you can store all that stuff you keep collecting that you don't wanna keep carting about with you. Then when you need it or want to sell it for more gold, fast travel back to your house and collect or sell it. If you want to you could just keep collecting and selling stuff and buy a bigger house but I guess this ain't a game of Monopoly.

I'm still level 8, have only killed two dragons, got 180 health capability and have just taken Esbern back to meet Delphine and now the three of us are off to a place I think is called White Haven. I have figured the way to get your level up is basically kill lots of hard to kill foes, like dragons & frost trolls. 23 hours played so far.

The game actually crashed on me about five times, right out of the blue it just dropped out and back to desktop, no warning. Changed Nvidia drivers from 285.62 official to 285.79 Beta, just played a couple of hours with no probs. The Beta drivers do list quite a few items relating to Skyrim so here's hoping.

Reaction score
Cheers flops, backed up what I thought.

I've bought the xbox version. Better than nothing, don't usually buy console games though.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey flopps, the games crashed on me around 20 times now, but because of how much it auto saves i've lost no progess. I think im 24 hours in and level 35! Maxed out my smithing skill, 60+ for one arm, 60+ for block, 60+ for lock picking, 50+ for destruction magic, 60+ for heavy armor. I bought the house and fully decorated it, very handy for storing ya loot.

I've got the warewolf perk which is handy 100% resist to all disease.

You'll find loads of random dragons soon, but they just become easy, theres much harder foes out there!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
"Is Skyrim Teaching Your Children How to Perform “Rim Jobs” and Other Homo Erotic Sex Maneuvers?"

http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-sk...rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/

WTF!!!??? :lol:

There are some really messed up people in this world.

'christwire.org - Conservative values for an unsaved world'

Jenkins, kindly fetch my 0.22 from the conservatory cabinet would you? I have some business to attend to...

EDIT: Having just perused the whole article and the site a little more - it's a wind-up isn't it?

Isn't it?

As one commentator observed 'Hard to tell, the line between parody and whacko religious organisations is becoming more and more blurred' (or words to that effect).

I think it might be impossible to get any more sexually suggestive words into one article.

If it is a wind-up then it's worthy of a place in Private Eye or Viz.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah the whole site is just trolling, but its funny. :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hows everyones skyrim experience going so far? I'm level 40 now concentrating on the main quest now. I find if i do a side quest that branches out to about 10 more side quests and i forget what im doing in the main quest! I'm going to try and complete the main quest 1st then maybe if im still intrested I might start picking off the many side quests!

Ask a Question