Sky TV Abroad

Reaction score
Ok, so i have a Sky Connection in the UK but want to be able to pick up all my Sky channels abroad. Looked into Slingbox option which seems really good but also very expensive. Has anyone done this before fairly cheap?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if skyplayer would work abroad?

If there are issues with IP numbers then you could use VPN

Reaction score
Hey, I'm interested in what was said above about IP address and VPN. Any help on how this works? I'm in OZ and can't watch BBC etc.

Reaction score
there isn't really a way around this - but watching sky over vpn would be useless too...too slow imo

why do you in specific want to watch sky?

Reaction score
XBOX live allows Skyplayer, However as I said IP address's can be blocked but VPN could circumvent this.

IF skyplayer on xbox is viable the simply reduce the quality settings during buffering via the 360 controller.

I have watched american programs via a VPN and they have been perfectly fine on my PC. I do believe its and extra £10 per month though otherwise only basic sky channels are allowed through. Much the same as Multiroom

As for using a VPN with an Xbox I don't know about that

Last edited:

Ask a Question