Simulated Mouse Brain

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Scientists have managed to simulate half of a mouse brain in a super computer containing 4096 processors and a total of 1024GB ram. If only a mouse could run Windows Vista!

"Using this machine the researchers created half a virtual mouse brain that had 8,000,000 neurons that had up to 6,300 synapses.

The vast complexity of the simulation meant that it was only run for 10 seconds at a speed ten times slower than real life - the equivalent of one second in a real mouse brain."

Read more at the BBC here.

Attachments

• bluegene.jpg
    bluegene.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 690

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yeah, I had read that before ... only half a brain, and that of a mouse? I think they need to do some more work. :D

Tell 'em to borrow WCG's computer power for a day or so, that should stimulate the mind ... hell, they could just ask The PCReview Crew to donate a day or so. ;)

:lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Or we could hook loads of mice brains up and get them crunching? :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Can you get one for me? My brain gets slower and slower.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Compared to the 8M neurons a mouse have ..it is estimated a Human has 100 Billion :eek: try to simulate that ...:thumb:

Ask a Question