simple (and cheap) maintenance of a frontpage site

msnews.microsoft.com

I'm creating a simple site for a friend in FrontPage 2003 and am hoping that
she can take over the ongoing maintenance. She can't afford to buy FrontPage
herself. Most maintenance will involve simple text changes and I'll get
involved if she wants to add new pages or anything more complicated. She's
ok with Word and Excel but isn't very technical. Any ideas as to what the
best and simplest way to empower her to make these changes without bothering
me too much? Our hosting service has FrontPage server extensions as well as
FTP. Any good freeware that can maintain it? Shareware? Notepad? Thanks in
advance. -Carol

Tom Pepper Willett

If she doesn't have FrontPage, and isn't very technical, I would suggest
that she will be bothering you quite often, because there will be a lot of
problems, IMO.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
"msnews.microsoft.com" <Carol> wrote in message
| I'm creating a simple site for a friend in FrontPage 2003 and am hoping
that
| she can take over the ongoing maintenance. She can't afford to buy
FrontPage
| herself. Most maintenance will involve simple text changes and I'll get
| involved if she wants to add new pages or anything more complicated. She's
| ok with Word and Excel but isn't very technical. Any ideas as to what the
| best and simplest way to empower her to make these changes without
bothering
| me too much? Our hosting service has FrontPage server extensions as well
as
| FTP. Any good freeware that can maintain it? Shareware? Notepad? Thanks in
| advance. -Carol

chris leeds

I have something I'm working on that will allow you to do exactly what you
want.

contact me through my link below and you can try it out.

HTH

Jim Buyens

A content management system is often the best solution
for this kind of site. Basically, the end user never
updates the site directly. Instead, they update a sort of
database. The Web site then creates menu pages and
display pages based on the content of the database.

You can buy these yourself, get them from your hosting
service, or roll your own.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)

chris leeds

that's basically what I've made. or I should say rolled, among other things.
;-)