Signing in problems.

Latimer

When opening my windows mail, I get the following error message;

WINDOWS SECURITY.

LOGON TO WINDOWS MAIL.
PLEASE VERIFY THAT BOTH THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CORRECT FOR YOUR MAIL
SERVER.

USER NAME ....
PASSWORD ....

Can someone please tell me how I can get Email coming into my Windows Mail
inbox , haven't had any for over a week now, When I get the above error
message and do not remember any password.
Thanks.

Tony

Latimer said:
When opening my windows mail, I get the following error message;

WINDOWS SECURITY.

LOGON TO WINDOWS MAIL.
PLEASE VERIFY THAT BOTH THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CORRECT FOR YOUR MAIL
SERVER.

USER NAME ....
PASSWORD ....

Can someone please tell me how I can get Email coming into my Windows Mail
inbox , haven't had any for over a week now, When I get the above error
message and do not remember any password.
Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen

If you don't remember your password, you will have to call your
mail provider.

Yoga eliz

I am having the same problem, with one difference. I know my used mane and
password. Confirmed them with my server. Even logged onto the server and all
is good on that end........except I can't get my direct emails either.
the following is the error I get:
Account: 'popmail.t-online.de', Server: 'popmail.t-online.de', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Missing argument', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91
can you help?
i can't even receive notice of a reply.........guess i will try yo find this
page again. thanks

Gary VanderMolen

"Missing argument" has nothing to do with username or password.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)