Sick of Steam now

Reaction score
I won't be purchasing another game from them again

90% of the games I buy stop working after several tries.

I've had enough

Constant crashing, not loading and errors

The only reason I keep it on my system is because I have no choice to run some of the purchases that actually do work 60% of the time.

Everything on my System is upto date. So as far as software is concerned I'm lost
My system more than completes most of the purchases recommended specs

If I disable all Background running software including virus and scans etc I may get half hour of play time if i'm lucky but never expect to be able to close down game, go eat then come back an hour later. It never works...

Fed up of it

ARRRGGGHHHH!

CSB

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the problems you've experienced TD. I don't like Steam either and if I could play some of my games without using it I would. I don't buy any of their games online/downloads etc and they've all been retail purchases with the disc. Saying that, I too have had problems with games crashing, bugs and general annoyances which certainly shouldn't be happening when the system is in tip top shape.

I hope it gets sorted and I don't know what their Customer Service is like, so maybe worth emailing them?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Steam ... :)

You don't need to invoke Steam to play Steam games ... YMMV ;)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I had similar problems with some games. Sorted it out by verifying game cache files, then going into program files / steam and deleting something or the other and then restart Steam so what ever I deleted could rebuild itself and all my problems were solved.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I had similar problems with some games. Sorted it out by verifying game cache files, then going into program files / steam and deleting something or the other and then restart Steam so what ever I deleted could rebuild itself and all my problems were solved.

I think you might be referring to the clent registry blob file(?)

• Completely exit from the Steam client.
  • Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).
  • Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.
  • Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.
  • Test the issue once more.
Actually this worked well for me, when I once had some Steam problems and the game refused to load/couldn't connect properly. Should have remembered to add this to the list yesterday... oops..:blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep if you have issues always delete that file and restart Steam, I've said it for years! :)

Doesn't always fix your issues, but best place to start. :)

Ask a Question