Shop at PCReview????

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey,

Was just thinking, i've been here 8 months and have lost count of how many people ask about a recommended place to buy a PC from or somewhere to get upgrade parts.

Plus the countless many who have been stung by inadequate PC builds and dodgy customer support.

I reckon PCReview should start a shop....

Just think all the awesome members here offering free 24 hour support and the amount of people who build there own PC's and the areas there in. You would have the whole country covered.

I think it would be awesome and you could employ me as well to build em. :lol:

If not then i might start my own and i'll send you a free PC for some advertising.

Just think of the potential,

(gazes off into sunset, not just thinking of the cash, but all the lovely people with working PC's, well mostly cash)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I did think about this a long time ago, but it would remove the independance that the site has, which is one of the nice benefits, as we can recommend or talk about any supplier :)

People here have built machines for others when the oppertunity has come up though :thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
laughingsmiley.gif

If not then i might start my own and i'll send you a free PC for some advertising.

Put my name first on the list WF. :thumb: :D

Reaction score
The real difference between this & other sites is as Ian say's is it's independence.
If you start linking up with companies that soon goes & here we will post on any retailer without worry it will be pulled. As long of course that it is not liable or too extreme, in other pc mag forums some posts could be pulled if the advertiser does not want negative comments about them & the threat of loosing advertising money can way heavily on a forum editor's mind!.

So stick with what is good about this site, it's independence! :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
How many PC builders and parts suppliers are there on the 'Net?

How many have lasted and how many have gone under?

How much is e-buyer's stock worth at any one time?

Has a potential web supplier/builder the capital to keep the stock to satisfy his customers?

The capital to pay people to do: Admin; Sales; Web design; help/support line for parts; help/support line for orders; enough capital to support at least the first six months until turnover is established.

How many PC's can one individual build and test in one working day?

Just a few things to consider before becoming the next Richard Branson ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"Just think all the awesome members here offering free 24 hour support and the amount of people who build there own PC's and the areas there in. You would have the whole country covered."

Built and tested by any of the regular folk on here and you won't need 24 hour support.

:D
happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
"Just think all the awesome members here offering free 24 hour support and the amount of people who build there own PC's and the areas there in. You would have the whole country covered."

Built and tested by any of the regular folk on here and you won't need 24 hour support.

:D
happywave.gif

True, dat, but components are not built to the same standards as the PCRUK builders.

Some will still fail. And to remedy that situation takes time.

And time, as any capitalist right wing human being will inform you, is money.

See the bigger picture, plan for the pitfalls, open your eyes and you might, just might, make it.

Reaction score
Can i pre-order a box of fosters, some pringles & a dvd of 007?
When will delivery be?:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
Can i pre-order a box of fosters, some pringles & a dvd of 007?
When will delivery be?:rolleyes:

I can fit that right in for you sir, on the twelfth of never.

Damn, not much of a 10,000th post was it? I thought I'd probably say something more profound.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Damn, not much of a 10,000th post was it? I thought I'd probably say something more profound.
A great milestone & proud it was answering my post.
bowdown.gif

Ask a Question