Shadow Man on PC

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Have you ever bought a game that you couldnt play because your computer is too new? Yes? Then how about being able to no be able to find any information on said game on the internet as how to get the damn thing to work?

Anyways.

I bought Shadow Man for the PC because I found the original N64 game to be quite spooky when I first played it. Upon seeing it was also on PC I decided to by it from Ebay. The game came in (mint condition w/ manual and extras!), It installed just fine then.... nothing. I get up to the configuration tool to set the graphical settings but when ever I hit the 'play game' button - nothing happens.

So far ive tried different compatibility settings (windows 2000, XP, Windows 98) to no avail. Sometimes it will give me on of two errors.

FT_Thunk (KERNAL32.dll)
And
Wrong Disc Inserted.

Information is really scarce - and what little I do find dont help with finding a solution. I don't quite know what else to do at this point.

To clarify : the game is patched (the patch system is bizzare so I may be wrong).
Is there any tricks to getting older games to run on newer OS's?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have an old machine (Socket A) running Win 98 as one of it's OS's (Hard Disk caddies) and I have Shadow Man installed and running well on it.

That's one way of doing it, use an old machine to run Win 98. Win 98 won't run on anything newer than a Socket A machine or the Intel equivalent from that time period.

It may be worth using VmWare, freebie simulator software where you can load other OS's - including Win 98 - within a newer edition of Windows. Then load Shadow Man within that.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Interesting to know Flops, Guess ill check it out. :D

thanks.

Ask a Question