settings

rumpelstiltskin

hello, just commenced using windows mail and it doesnt seem to keep its
settings or message rules, eg the setting to make it default once i click to
make it default then later on when i reopen windows mail it is not default
and when i create a message rule the same thing happens it wont keep the
rules i have created.

thanks

Gary VanderMolen

Either your antivirus program or one of your other security programs
may be blocking writes to the registry in a misguided attempt to increase security.
Changes can't be saved if they can't be written to the registry.
Some of the security programs known to have done this in the past are:

Ad-Aware Ad-Watch
IBM Access Connections
Kaspersky
McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware
Norton AV
Spyware Blaster
Spybot> Tools> IE Tweaks
Spybot- Teatimer
Spy Sweeper
Spyware Doctor
Zone Alarm (free) 6.5, reported to be fixed in later versions.

I suggest you dump all of your non-compatible security software and replace
it with a free program that is 100% compatible:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)