Setting up wireless broadband

Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine has BT broadband in her flat which works fine on all the pc's but wont work on her laptop. She can get the internet working, although the connection cuts out quite a lot on a regular modem, but just not the wireless broadband. She has a laptop with windows XP. What kinda things should i try when i go round there to sort this out? I mean, they have managed to do it on other comps on the same network.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Has she got Service Pack 2 loaded on XP?. If so try turning off Windows Firewall (Control Panel) and connecting. If this works then reset the Firewall for Network connection. This worked for me, re Service Pack 2 not specifically a Laptop. ( I have BT's Wireless 1250 modem)

Other than this delete Modem software and reinstal carefully - hope this helps.

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hi,

A friend of mine has BT broadband in her flat which works fine on all the pc's but wont work on her laptop. She can get the internet working, although the connection cuts out quite a lot on a regular modem, but just not the wireless broadband. She has a laptop with windows XP. What kinda things should i try when i go round there to sort this out? I mean, they have managed to do it on other comps on the same network.

Cheers.

tell her that u will only help her out if u can get something out of it! lol just kidding mate!:)

i presume that she has a wireless router, try changing the wireless channels on this router mine work the best on numbers 7 and 11.

then try moving the router around a bit, u got to look at the distant the the walls between laptop and router.

good luck mate!

Ask a Question