From: (e-mail address removed) ("Greg Lirette [MSFT]")
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:09:50 GMT
Subject: RE: Overriding TS User Profile Profile Path
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services

I promised a while back that I would post here when I had more
information. We have released a hotfix which is a design change
request that has been in the works for a very long time. This
design change back ports the Terminal Services profile and
Terminal Services home directory group policy setting to Windows
2000.

To obtain this fix call Microsoft support and ask for the fix for
KB 843261. The article is in the works and will be published in
the next several weeks.

Thanks,

Greg Lirette

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

----------- end included message -------------------

Thanks Vera,

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

David

Vera Noest said:
There's a solution for this problem.
Yesterday, Greg Lirette from Microsoft posted this information:

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

For W2K3 TS, setting this GPO setting makes roaming profiles a
breeze.

Unfortunately, this setting does help in W2K TS.

Without having to set a profile path in each User's account
settings, does anyone have another solution?

I have up to 1,000 Users (out of 30,000) spread across several
domains worldwide which need access to a CITRIX Server Farm. The
easiest solution would be to implement this GPO setting but our
servers are only W2K TS's.

Any help appreciated.

Vera Noest [MVP]

Yes, I thought you'ld be happy :)