Set CHKDSK before reboot

Indy Tech

How can I automate setting up a CHKDSK before a scheduled reboot?

Jim Peterson, A+, Net+, MCSE
Indy Tech

To e-mail me, remove everything between
"att" and ".net" in my e-mail address.

Mark Brown[MSFT]

| From: "Indy Tech" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| Subject: Set CHKDSK before reboot
|

| How can I automate setting up a CHKDSK before a scheduled reboot?
|
| ------------------------------------------------------------
| Jim Peterson, A+, Net+, MCSE
| Indy Tech
|
| To e-mail me, remove everything between
| "att" and ".net" in my e-mail address.

Hi Jim,
From what I understand, we can type in "chkdsk (with any switch below)" to
enable checkdisk.
This will notify you that checkdisk cannot run until the system is
restarted..... This message will only appear
when you utilize the /f switch. (NOTE: this may take some time to perform
and the duration to complete may take several hours. This time varies from
system to system, so please be advised)

C:\Documents and Settings\chkdsk /f
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
C:\Documents and Settings\v-mbrow>
Checks a disk and displays a status report.

SWITCHES for CHKDSK.....

CHKDSK [volume[[path]filename]]] [/F] [/V] [/R] [/X] [/I] [/C] [/L[:size]]

volume Specifies the drive letter (followed by a colon),
mount point, or volume name.
filename FAT/FAT32 only: Specifies the files to check for
fragmentation