Service or driver failure...........

G

"Epson printerport
"at least one service or driver failed during system start up. Use event viewer to examine the event log for details.

This is the error msg I've been receiving on start up
I've looked through the event viewer and found the error
The source is Eplpdx02...when i check it's properties, it says in the description " The Eplpdx02 could not be started.
So I've done a search in my PC on it and found it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
In the general tab it says "opens with: unknown application
In the version tab the description says "LPT I/O driver for epson printer
In the same tab where it says other version information,when i clik on product name, it shows "MK Systems LPT I/O Driver for Windows2000" (I'm using WinXP Home Edition

My printer seems to be having no problems at all
I'm just wondering if I can delete this driver?(is there cetain steps to do this or just hit delete?), or do i have to un-install/ re-install my printer to get rid of this msg

Thanx

Reaction score
Eplpdx02: Epson Driver Error Message

This is an extra driver (provided with the printer installation) that is provided by
EPSON and is not necessarily needed.
To correct the problem, you have to remove it:
Go to start, programs, epson printers. There should be an option to uninstall drivers (icon with a red X). By performing this action, the necessary driver to use the printer will still be there but the problem should go away the next time you turn on your PC.

Ask a Question