service.exe

G

I have this process called service.exe in task manager which cannot be closed. The process is sending out millions of packets over the net and is slowing my computer. I have scanned with Ad-aware, Spybot, Norton Anti-Virus 2003 with updated virus definitions in both normal and safe mode. Anybody have any help for me in removing this from my computer?

G

Finally someone else who knows of this issue!!! I have the same thing but since I only identified it as sucking 40-80% of our dual processors time up I did not yet detect the packets going out which port and where are they going are my first questions it sahould answer what it is

----- daave wrote: ----

I have this process called service.exe in task manager which cannot be closed. The process is sending out millions of packets over the net and is slowing my computer. I have scanned with Ad-aware, Spybot, Norton Anti-Virus 2003 with updated virus definitions in both normal and safe mode. Anybody have any help for me in removing this from my computer?

G

You've been hi-jacked. I had this and used the same things you did but
didn't clean it. I had to manually delete the file. Also look for
system32.dll(i think). There were a couple of others but I forget the
names. Most were in \SYSTEM32 and \SYSTEM32\CONFIG. All the files will
have the same time/date stamp as service.exe. If you have any recent
backup, check for new files in those 2 areas. Check your registry for
references to these also and delete them. Check your "hosts." file
contents since mine had over 200 extra entries put into it.

Ask a Question