Server Hardware Problems

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you've tried to access PCR over the last hour and a half you may have noticed that the server was down. The server was stuck in a BSOD reboot cycle and the hosts then took the server offline to replace the RAM.

It is now back online, so I'm hoping that will be the end of the problem... but I'm going to be keeping an extra eye on it to make sure.

Fingers crossed ;)

FWIW, there are plenty of backups of the site if the error had actually been more serious :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, I did try once and couldn't access. happened yesterday evening as well, site was down for at least ten minutes.

I do remember you saying backups would always be in place after the first crash where everything was lost - good show :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect that the memory wasn't the cause of the issue, but as soon as the hosts powered the server back on it booted up successfully. I hope they are right :D

Phew :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So that's what it was. Seems good now though. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I did a restart just a few mins ago, and the server came back online without a hitch - I guess it must have been a memory error after all. That's good to know (kind of!) :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I did a restart just a few mins ago, and the server came back online without a hitch - I guess it must have been a memory error after all. That's good to know (kind of!) :)
Must have been the time i was trying to log on & could not!
Glad all is back to normal now, you do sterling work Ian.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There was another hour of outage tonight, so I'm looking in to moving servers (and to a new host). I'll post more info once I know the plan :)

Ask a Question