Stats Problems

Reaction score
Hey Guys :wave:

Unfortunately, I've been having connection problems my end. Basically, I was getting dropped and reconnected every 8 minutes or so. As I'm on dynamic IP, this meant that I was asigned a new WAN IP every time I reconnected, it was dropping and reconnecting faster than I could update my DNS records for the web server - basically speaking the web server was offline :(

I didn't actually spot the problem until the other day, but thankfully, all is back in order. Virgin Media have been doing upgrades in my area which was causing the temporary problems.

As a backup to the web server, I'm now uploading the stats data via ftp to my freespace area which (provided I have some connection and have been able to upload the data) will be available at all times.

You can get to it at this address here

Work is manic at the moment, so I've been unable to really have a play with this and what have you, but when I get 5 minutes, I'll spend some time with Ian and get him able to run it locally as a further backup.

Nothing worse than not getting your daily stats fix :D

Keep up the Krunch!

Laterz...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice work Win2k! A big thankyou on behalf of all the crunchers here, as we'd be lost without the stats
bowdown.gif

I'll update the script at this end to use the backup new address when down :)

Reaction score
Just as a helpful gesture, Win2K, if you need a helping hand with space then please do let me know.

I am glad to help out with hosting a backup statistics site if need be.

Ask a Question