Serial # trouble for win XP

• Thread starter Rick McLaughlin
  • Start date
R

Rick McLaughlin

Hi,

I recently bought a computer at an auction with windows XP on it but when I try to download the upgrade Windows XP Service Pack 1 (Express)* it responds by telling me that "The Product Key used to install Windows is invalid.. etc. Now I'm guessing that the SOB that owned this computer has an illegal copy of Windows XP installed on it but my dilemma is that I can't afford to buy the software that I thought I had already bought and paid for. Can ANYONE help me out? If so, please contact me at (e-mail address removed).

Thanking you in advance.
Rick

B

BJ Freeman

I suggest you go back to the person you bought it from.
Then if no satisfaction, write a letter with receipt return expressing the same thing and the notes of the conversation you had.
if no satisfaction then Take them to small claims court, as well as notify MS.
Hi,

I recently bought a computer at an auction with windows XP on it but when I try to download the upgrade Windows XP Service Pack 1 (Express)* it responds by telling me that "The Product Key used to install Windows is invalid.. etc. Now I'm guessing that the SOB that owned this computer has an illegal copy of Windows XP installed on it but my dilemma is that I can't afford to buy the software that I thought I had already bought and paid for. Can ANYONE help me out? If so, please contact me at (e-mail address removed).

Thanking you in advance.
Rick

Ask a Question