sending pictures

Thomas

I am using windows photo gallery and sending pictures through the windows
email.
It will not send and said it is not connecting to pop3 server. Gave an
error code of 800cccc19. Am I doing something wrong
Thomas

dumber than a 5th grader

New Coumputer and I'm having the same problem. How do you change the email
account settings in Vista.
I know it has to be STMP or some thing like that instead of POP3
No I'm NOT smarter than a 5th grader
And not too proud to say it

Thomas said:
I am using windows photo gallery and sending pictures through the windows
email.
It will not send and said it is not connecting to pop3 server. Gave an
error code of 800cccc19. Am I doing something wrong
Thomas

Are you closing the pictures in all other programs before you try to
send them? Windows Mail doesn't like to send open files.

Are you using pop3 as the server name? It's not a valid server
name.

Ask your email provider (who is probably also your internet
provider) for their instructions for setting up to use their email
servers. If they haven't written instructions for Windows Mail
yet, use their instructions for Outlook Express but under
Windows Mail instead. The instructions are probably
somewhere on their web site. Or, you could tell us who your
email provider is and see if anyone here already knows where
to find the instructions.

If this isn't enough, show us the whole error message, not
just part of it.

"dumber than a 5th grader" <dumber than a 5th
New Coumputer and I'm having the same problem. How do you change the
email
account settings in Vista.
I know it has to be STMP or some thing like that instead of POP3
No I'm NOT smarter than a 5th grader
And not too proud to say it

Neither STMP nor POP3 is a valid server name. They're OK as the
protocols for the two directions, though. Ask your email provider
(who is probably also your internet provider) for their instructions
for setting up to use their email servers. If they haven't written
instructions for Windows Mail yet, use their instructions for Outlook
Express but under Windows Mail instead. The instructions are
probably somewhere on their web site. Or, you could tell us who
your email provider is and see if anyone here already knows where
to find the instructions.

LaVarr

I am getting this error message even trying to send one picture. What do I
need to do to send pictures.

The following message to <[email protected]> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 552-'5.8.0 Message Size Violation - Exceeded
Maximum Allowed Size - 10 MB'

How do I increase the allowed size?

Check for a way to decrease the size of the file by decreasing the
resolution.
The file's too big to send by your current email provider. Or, if you're
sending to someone who can use the extra resolution, get another email
provider with a higher limit.

For most of the pictures I've seen posted on the binary newsgroups, 500K
is a large file for one picture.

Gary VanderMolen

Have you checked the file size of that picture?
I find it hard to believe that one picture can be larger than 10 MB.

Barry McKillican

If using XP or Vista, right click on the picture and choose "send to... mail
recipient" it will then
ask if you would like to make the emails smaller for email. Answer yes.

Professional photos are usually over 10MB

b:0)