Selling on ebay

Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling quiet a lot of collectables on ebay.
Whats the best way to go about it & are their any good guides on the net to look at. What should i look out for, any nasty things that may happen? Is pay pal safe to use?

Does anyone have any prior selling or buying knowledge they can pass on, are their any pit falls to worry about? I have a digital camera so can take pictures of all the things i need to sell. Any advice most welcome;)

Reaction score
Cheers for that Ian, managed to get a rough idea of what things are worth on ebay, going to sell on behalf of my Mum. Local dealer told her he would take the whole coin collection off her for £200, except 1 coin is worth £80-£100 and another is worth £100 going by ebay prices.

May have to go and buy a coin collectors book on line to get a better idea & if any worth a lot more could put them in to a coin auction in London.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ebay Guide

First off...open an account...register a card ..use paypal ..
http://pages.ebay.com/education/sellingtips/index.html

I have made over 400 transactions with a 100% feedback ..its great if you are careful..remember to be honest in your description, the nearest i came to a negative feedback was when i sold a new CD as my wife had bought the same one. The CD was unopened and non played ..but the buyer moaned that it was not cellophane wrapped so was not unused..it did not come wrapped , so just be careful and as i said be as honest as you can. Trust me you will become addicted its great if you are careful..

If you are a buyer
1 always note the sellers feedback rating..its there to alert you to their honesty.
2. check where its being shipped from
3. note the P&P a great deal of people make up their money by charging extortionate postage prices..always check here for prices
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

Always communicate with buyers ..it proves you care and be careful with feedback.. i always wait until i have recieved mine before i post one back

Paypal does have a protection policy for purchases made by cheque up to £115 so thats pretty good..although anything under £15 and you can kiss it goodbye ..normal credit card policies apply to other payments..

...so to sum up

Have Fun but be very Careful :thumb:

Ask a Question