Securing an Excle File?

J

jsofillas

This is a bit of a strange request, but I'm hoping I can do what I want to do in some fashion, even if it means using another tool. I have a file thathas over 100 users. I want to give limited access to each user, to specific areas, for a certain window of time. Additionally, I would also like the file to be user friendly on smart phones, as excel really isn't. Is there away to format Excel so that smart phones can easily manipulate it? Can I somehow export/import it into a Google Docs sheet (figuring google docs is more phone friendly). Any insight or suggestions on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

K

konradkowalczyk613

W dniu wtorek, 14 października 2014 16:14:04 UTC+2 użytkownik (e-mail address removed) napisał:
This is a bit of a strange request, but I'm hoping I can do what I want to do in some fashion, even if it means using another tool. I have a file that has over 100 users. I want to give limited access to each user, to specific areas, for a certain window of time. Additionally, I would also like the file to be user friendly on smart phones, as excel really isn't. Is therea way to format Excel so that smart phones can easily manipulate it? Can I somehow export/import it into a Google Docs sheet (figuring google docs is more phone friendly). Any insight or suggestions on these issues would begreatly appreciated. Thanks!

Im not an expert but for my experience I see only 2 ways, either contact your IT support to limit acceses to the files still you wont be able to limitcontents, other way is to protect the whole sheet and request an id with password on entry via userform and create some kind of either database logging scheme or simple case instruction for whole user group of ids and then deprotect cetrain area depending on that with vba code, requires alot of work with not sure effects, know nothing of smartphones though.

Ask a Question