Video Rotation Query

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A friend sometimes sends me videos (I think from their smart phone - it's an MP4 file.) They are always excellent quality... apart from needing to lean-over at a 90 degree angle to view them. :)

I have Googled for suggestions about video editing software that could rotate the received vid... but frankly, I don't know which offering to choose? There are many recommendations for Windows Live Movie Maker... but does that always come bundled with the whole gamut of Win Essentials software?

Could any of you make a recommendation please guys? I'd just like to view the vids without getting a crick in the neck. :D

Oh, and just to clarify, no, the software did not get bundled with my PC, I checked just to make certain.

Thanks for reading :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, I usually record my vids the right way round to start with. :)

Seem to have a few free offers via Mr Google, but as I haven't tried any, cannot recommend any.

MP4 is an Apple Quicktime iteration video type, so, to playback via the likes in Picasa, one would need to "install" the right codec to make it work ... despite MS being able to play MP4s Picasa needs those extra codec.

To get Picasa to work ... try this Codec pack. BE AWARE, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE 3 sh1t PROGRAMS ... you do get the option to untick them.

I have this Codec installed and can play anything I throw at it ... I checked you CAN turn the videos 90 deg' :thumb:

PS, pay attention to the install ... take your time, to catch those 3 'programs' :nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies, all are much appreciated. I'll check them all out shortly - I'm looking forward to seeing the vids the correct way up! :D

Ask a Question