Screensavers

Susan Bugher

Freeware screensavers:

http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous layouts are possible, and of
course you can configure what time zones are important for you.

MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple lines and many different amazing
effects.

and more. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

badgolferman

Susan said:
Freeware screensavers:

http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous
layouts are possible, and of course you can configure what time zones
are important for you.

MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple
lines and many different amazing effects.

and more. . .

Susan

Nice ones. Thank you.

Laurent Herve

Susan Bugher said:
Freeware screensavers:

http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous layouts are possible, and of
course you can configure what time zones are important for you.

MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple lines and many different amazing
effects.

and more. . .

but, also less :) don't run on Win ME :(

lh

(ProteanThread)

Susan said:
Freeware screensavers:

http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous
layouts are possible, and of course you can configure what time zones
are important for you.

MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple lines
and many different amazing effects.

and more. . .

Susan

they also have a nice app launcher that works great with removable
drives such as USB drives or zip drives.

Susan Bugher

(ProteanThread) said:
Susan Bugher wrote:

they also have a nice app launcher that works great with removable
drives such as USB drives or zip drives.

LOL - We've come full circle. I started with a post of yours about PStart - noticed the screensavers
while I was at the site.

Program: PStart
Author: Pegtop Software
Install: (n.i.)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.pegtop.net/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Laurent said:
"Susan Bugher" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de (e-mail address removed)...
but, also less :) don't run on Win ME :(

What OS do they run on? I couldn't find any infomation on the site.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

chris

Susan Bugher said:
What OS do they run on? I couldn't find any infomation on the site.

downloaded one screensaver and followed the install instruction
==> To install a screensaver, after downloading rightclick the .scr file it
and select install from the popup menu.

It's works on W98SE.

lisztfr

I have install the smoodoo on 2 machines, and both
cannot display it...

1 PC amd+nvidia, installed with 1 mn delay : i see a brief
shadow, then nothing more : no Test is possible, and no
preview is possible. the screen is only blinking 1 time, then
finish :(
exactly the same with DEll laptop...

Susan Bugher

lisztfr said:
I tried again, but unfortunatly i can't start them !
sad because smoodoo looks fine... i see it in thumbnail
size when configuring it.

Thanks Laurent and Chris. I wish authors would furnish info about OS and any other special
requirements - it seems that trial and error is the only way to find out in this case. . .

btw i remember a nice sreen saver,

That file name hasn't been mentioned in ACF and a little more Googling did not produce a home page
or author. I need this information about Euphoria.scr (I assume auphoria.scr was just a typo) in
order to list it on the ACF program info pages: Program name, Author, Ware type.

OS info would be nice too. . . ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

ncSkeet

Susan said:
btw i remember a nice sreen saver,
That file name hasn't been mentioned in ACF and a little more Googling
did not produce a home page or author. I need this information about
Euphoria.scr (I assume auphoria.scr was just a typo) in order to list it
on the ACF program info pages: Program name, Author, Ware type.

OS info would be nice too. . . ;)

Susan

All screensavers listed at that site are part of the Really Slick
Screensavers collection, shown here:

http://www.reallyslick.com/

chris

lisztfr said:
I have install the smoodoo on 2 machines, and both
cannot display it...

1 PC amd+nvidia, installed with 1 mn delay : i see a brief
shadow, then nothing more : no Test is possible, and no
preview is possible. the screen is only blinking 1 time, then
finish :(
exactly the same with DEll laptop...

I downloaded the lavalamp and it worked fine as screensaver, could change
colours, etc. It looks like I downloaded the only one screensaver that
worked!

Why do you have so much troubles?
I downloaded smoodoo and deflection and ..... got troubles.
The screensavers are working fine if I select one of them in the
configuration - display - screensaver section
But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Susan, I'm sorry. I was to optimistic by saying the screensavers were
working on W98SE.
I have to test them all. That's crazy.

*ProteanThread*

i installed it on my fathers dell laptop with windows me and it runs
just fine.

*ProteanThread*

they all work fine for me. tried them on a dell laptop with windows me
and an hp pavillion with windows 98SE.

try copying them directly to the windows\system32 directory (there is a
bug in windows and it is in all versions of windows that you can only
have so many screensavers here)

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, chris, ([email protected]) said...
But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

In the zipfile from Really Slick savers I found a readme, that says
(among other things)

Dependencies:

Skyrocket requires OpenAL for sound, and it will not function without
the OpenAL runtime installed. If you do not already have the
OpenAL runtime installed, you can install it by running OpenALwEAX.exe.
The version of OpenAL32.dll that was distributed with previous versions
of Skyrocket is extremely old and will not work with the most current
version of Skyrocket.

Maybe *that* is your problem. They terminate, because they couldn't
find a recent OpenAL32.dll.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Susan Bugher

chris said:
I downloaded smoodoo and deflection and ..... got troubles.
The screensavers are working fine if I select one of them in the
configuration - display - screensaver section
But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Susan, I'm sorry. I was to optimistic by saying the screensavers were
working on W98SE.

dunno why you're apologizing. *I* was the one who posted the link. . . :(

BTW - the link *you* posted has a nice looking assortment of screensavers (with downloads *and*
links to the authors' sites):

http://www.wischik.com/scr/savers.html :) :) :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Gabriele said:
On that special day, chris, ([email protected]) said...

In the zipfile from Really Slick savers I found a readme, that says
(among other things)

Wrong apps. The link got lost along the way. This discussion is about the screensavers at:

http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

chris

:(

I was the one who said that the programs were working under W98SE. ;-)
Maybe they all work under W98SE, but not on my computer.
I had to say : there is a possibility that the screensavers will work under
W98SE.
This discussion is about the screensavers at:
http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

They do there job on "ProteanThread's" computers, but there seems to be
some trouble to get them working on other computers.
Tried them all and this are my results :

Timezone : IOPR / runtime error
Smoodoo : running one time?
Deflection : running one time?
Lavalamp : works
Famous : works
Messagefx : works
Dancelight : works

chris

"Gabriele Neukam" wrote in message
In the zipfile from Really Slick savers I found a readme, that says
(among other things)

Dependencies:
Skyrocket requires OpenAL for sound, and it will not function without
the OpenAL runtime installed ......
Maybe *that* is your problem. They terminate, because they couldn't
find a recent OpenAL32.dll.

I downloaded the all-in-one screensaver file from Really Slick and
everything works fine ( W98SE ).
I also downloaded the latest Openal32.dll and an older one, but that makes
no difference.
I tested all the screensavers from http://www.reallyslick.com/ and I
have no problems at all at this moment with those screensavers.

But as Susan mentioned : wrong apps.