Windows XP screensaver freezes

Reaction score
i have just reinstalled xp, sp1 only, and have downloaded some screensavers. They freeze after a while, and i have to reboot. My ups states that its currently stopped,could this be the reason? if so how do i turrn it on? I have a nvidea graphics card, that seems to be working ok,and so do the normal sreensavers that comes with the xp installation, i would be gratefull for any help

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
terryco said:
i have just reinstalled xp, sp1 only, and have downloaded some screensavers. They freeze after a while, and i have to reboot. My ups states that its currently stopped,could this be the reason? if so how do i turrn it on? I have a nvidea graphics card, that seems to be working ok,and so do the normal sreensavers that comes with the xp installation, i would be gratefull for any help

where did you get them from ?

check the UPS by right clicking the desktop> properties> screensaver tab> power > UPS tab

Reaction score
screensaver

I got the screensavers from microsoft plus. When they freeze, moving the mouse or pressing escape does not work. I also installed some free from some sites and they also freeze

Ask a Question