Screen colours a bit odd

Reaction score
I got a new pc the other week and with it a Samsung Pebble 2032BW.
The colours seem fine but in a few programs the whites show up as more of a cream colour. This is most noticeable in photoshop and the Windows Photo Gallery that comes with vista but in most other programs white comes up as white.
Do you know what this is, i'm not sure if its the monitor, the graphics card, or some strange settings within vista.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It might be worth checking the colour settings on your monitor first - there should be a few preset levels which you can choose from. If that doesn't fix it, pick the default setting and then try adjusting it using your graphics card control panel (which card do you have?).

Reaction score
I tried adjusting the screen colours, but it didnt effect it much. I have an nvidia Geforce 8600GT.
The weird thing is that in most programs the colours seem fine, and even in the programs which are affected it is onyl certain areas. So in photoshop everything is fine, just when you have white in the image and anywhere where the colour is selected as white from the pallete. But the actual white bits in the program (like the backs of the drop-down menus etc) show up fine.
And in Windows Photo Gallery if the image has white in it is comes up cream, and the back of the gallery itself is a cream colour (but i dont know if it is supposed to be).

Reaction score
Well i should have the latest drivers as i installed them a week ago, but i have also had a load of problems with the Windows Experience Index coming up with only 4.3 for the Aero graphics ability, despite it being a 8600GT. I have reinstalled the drivers several time but no change.
I might have a go, but not really holding out on any hope.

Ask a Question