Schedule reboot of XP

Colonel Blip

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:02:05 -0600:

Reinstall vs. living with it, no contest. I'll live with it. <g>

BTW, any chance bios is messing with this. I don't think so but I have been
wrong on many occasions. I looked at the settings on my ASUS m/b and the
APCI is enabled and there are a couple of settings dealing with the power,
namely S0 and S3. Any of this make sense or a connection?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

DP> I had a box once that always killed the last app to have focus after
DP> returning from the screensaver. You may need to reinstall your
DP> operating system if you can't live with this.

Dave Patrick

You might have a look around here.

http://support.asus.com/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Reinstall vs. living with it, no contest. I'll live with it. <g>
|
| BTW, any chance bios is messing with this. I don't think so but I have
been
| wrong on many occasions. I looked at the settings on my ASUS m/b and the
| APCI is enabled and there are a couple of settings dealing with the power,
| namely S0 and S3. Any of this make sense or a connection?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Colonel Blip.
| E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Colonel Blip

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:32:57 -0600:

Found this to be the best explanation of these settings and their meanings
but don't see that they relate to my problem. Maybe something jumps out at
you?
http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=77909774&m=5560975395

If not, we'll just call this one of those M$ mysteries and move on.

Thanks for your efforts,