scanner driver

D

Daj

Hi
I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to control
Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this info? Sure
would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
Thanks .
Daj

D

Daj

Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes and
scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
Daj

D

Daj

I tried e-mailing Epson with the questions on this page and never got an answer. couldn't find any
instructions on this page as to where I could find version number. Thanks for your help.
Daj

D

Daj

I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device manager, Imaging devices,
and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I want to install a new driver for the Epson.
Daj

M

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Daj

I am surprised that the driver is not shown.. you should have the option to
update the driver from Device Manager.. failing that, just run the new
driver installation program..

To remove the old, just uninstall the device from there too..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

D

Daj

I found it in dev. mgr. imaging devices, It showed "Epson 5400 scanner", I R clicked on it and got
properties, clicked it and then clicked driver tab and it showed the version. If I delete the entry
"Epson 5400 scanner" will this delete just the driver?
Daj

M

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Daj

Use the facility provided to update the driver.. you will, of course, have
to point at the new driver file location..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Ask a Question