Subject: error: 0x8050800c
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:13:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

Hello Tom,
Please check this numbers in the About Help (Look in the engine version).
WD v. 1.1.1347.0
Engine v. 1.1.1481.0
Signature v.1.14.1513.6

When was the last time you ran CHKDSK /F ?

About the icon:
Got to Tools>Options>Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Real Time
Protection
Options. There is says:

"Choose when WindowsDefender icon appear in the notification area"
"O Only if Windows Defender detects an action to take"
"O Always"

You make the choice.

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl