Saxaphones ???

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I love the sound of a sax. Tenor gets my vote, it's so smooth and sensuous. :thumb: Example:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You might like this then TC

:D

Wow AB! For a moment I thought this was going to be a bit "ordinary"... but as the vid progresses, she really pulls out all the stops (mixing metaphors a bit!!) Great find. :thumb:

Can I ask whether you can already play, or will you be learning? I've had a desire to learn the sax for a very long time, but living in a semi is hardly the right environment for that. :( Drop a pin and neighbours from several doors away are peering out to see what made the clatter!! Okay.... slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My ex had an alto sax for a while but she never did manage to master it. Cost me a small fortune as well, lol, it was her birthday present.

Anyhow, I went shopping with her for one and I favoured the Alto myself but the tenor also has a nice sound to it.

Bands to check out: Audience (the one from around 1970); Morphine and side two of Zappa's Hot Rats.

And, of course, to learn how not to play a sax, have a listen to any Captain Beefheart Track that he plays sax on.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Wow AB! For a moment I thought this was going to be a bit "ordinary"... but as the vid progresses, she really pulls out all the stops (mixing metaphors a bit!!) Great find. :thumb:

Can I ask whether you can already play, or will you be learning? I've had a desire to learn the sax for a very long time, but living in a semi is hardly the right environment for that. :( Drop a pin and neighbours from several doors away are peering out to see what made the clatter!! Okay.... slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. :D

I played a clarinet in a 4 piece woodwind quartet at school. So no I do not play but can see no reason why I can not learn fairly easily. That is if smoking ain't done me lungs in. An the damage to me neck and arm don't play up too much.An if me brain can cope with re-learning finger positions and music reading. :lol:

Ta fir the info flops knew you would have some good ideas. :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Mmmm.... that's mellow Urmas. :cool:

Abarbarian said:
I played a clarinet in a 4 piece woodwind quartet at school.

Lucky thing...:eek: my school music department was stuck in the stone-age, what did we have..? Nothing more exciting than recorders and the odd violin! :rolleyes:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow!!! Good grief Urmas, that was amazing! I take back what I said earlier. :bow: Twas not the humble recorder at fault... just unimaginative music teachers!! :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That has got the day off to a very nice start Quad :bow:

By the way Mr. Barbarian, (and if you don't mind another question,) what kind of musical style will you be playing. or aiming to learn?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great links folks :bow: keep em coming :thumb:

TC best I can describe me hopes is "a bit of everything" :dance:

Ask a Question