saving movie maker projects

G

When i have a video that is ready to save i start to save it and the "Estimated time til complete" starts low and keeps climbing and climbing i've never tried to save a video when this happens i was wondering has anyone else had this problem? and does the video eventually save itself? thanks for what ever help anyone could give me

P

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

See the Problem Solving.... Can't Save a Movie page of www.papajohn.org
---
PapaJohn

Confusedmark said:
When i have a video that is ready to save i start to save it and the
"Estimated time til complete" starts low and keeps climbing and climbing
i've never tried to save a video when this happens i was wondering has
anyone else had this problem? and does the video eventually save itself?
thanks for what ever help anyone could give me

G

Ive saved one recently but it started really high and then just fell to about 3mins then did save, however its in a format that isnt recognised by any other programme, such as Nero so I cant put it on DVD.

G

i updated my directx and redownloaded mm2 this seemed to work i was able to make a video but after watching it i needed to do more editing i redid all my editing and tried to save it it got to 47% then my processor usage dropped right down to idle page file usage stayed the same i have even tried running the source file .avi thru wme 9 to convert it to .wma this did not work either now the mm2 program freezes at 25% rest of the computer still works i have to ctrl+alt+delete to shut the program down i still have both formats on my computer i'll keep both but i'm assuming the wmv version will work better with mm2 i've looked at your site papa john but i'm not comfortable with the detail of any applicable fix Any suggestions? i've been wondering what .dll files i should have or if i have them all? help please and thank-you

G

I think this Microsoft product is seriously flawed. I have the same problem, cutting up the project into smaller bits in order to save is way too frustrating. Is there a way to just save the larger project? Onto zip drive, or other storage device?

Ask a Question