SATA to SSD

Reaction score
Can I replace my sata hd with a ssd without and other changes to my Dell Precision 670 desktop?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
An SSD would physically work with that hardware, but from what I can tell the OS that comes with the Precision 670 is XP (which isn't an ideal partner for an SSD) and I can't see which version of SATA it supports. However you may not be able to clone your SATA > SSD to get a smooth handover - I'm sure someone here may have tried it and will be able to advise :).

Do you have your full system specs and we can take a look at it :).

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score

Integrated Serial ATA/150 with RAID 0, 1; Integrated Ultra 320 SCSI PCI controller with RAID 0, 1; Optional 6-port SATA controller with RAID 0,1;

Optional Ultra 320 SCSI controller with RAID 0, 1; Optional high-performance PERC U320 SCSI RAID controller with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10

I can't imagine that the SSD won't work. This system supports a 64-bit OS. As long as you're not running XP, it should fare fine.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Dell_Precision_670.pdf

Odd place to link a pdf, but it's the data sheet on that machine from which I pulled the quote.​

Ask a Question